Maintenance/Landscaping Assistant in the Spokane Area
- Assists Maintenance Services Director with maintenance programs for heating, cooling, water, gas, electrical, mechanical, grounds, carpentry, painting, sprinklers, fire alarms, plumbing, building exteriors, etc.
- Assists Maintenance Services Supervisor in identifying needed repairs or replacements: hotel rooms, common areas, landscaping, signage, sidewalks, driveway, parking area, fences, curbs, retaining walls, etc.
- Completes work orders from staff
- Assists with preventive maintenance to refurbish or replace deteriorating items and avoid future costly repairs
- Advises supervisor concerning needed equipment repairs or low supplies
- Completes special projects as directed (i.e., room alterations, major repairs)
- Assists in housekeeping duties were needed
- Lifts and moves heavy furniture and equipment
- Keeps grounds litter free
- Assists with landscaping and lawn maintenance
- Keeps outside traffic areas free of debris, snow, ice and other traffic hazards
- Assists with floor maintenance (i.e., shampooing carpet, )
Candidates should meet the following physical requirements for this job:
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and often exert up to 20 pounds of force to push, pull, carry, lift or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- While primarily an indoor job, must be able to walk outside in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, heat)
- Must be able to work in heat
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and frequently lift 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
Pay range $15-20 an hour
Benefits: – Vacation and Sick Time, Incentive programs, Hotel discounts, Employee Assistance program, Referral program, Flexible schedules